My mission with this section is to organize East Boston’s information (at least what’s relevant to me!) and make it linkable, discoverable, accessible and useful. Contact email@example.com with questions or feedback.
- Boston Zoning Boston Zoning decisions enhanced with structure and additional data
- Living in East Boston An interview with myself about living in East Boston (2017)
- AnalyzeBoston A SQL client that runs in the browser for querying AnalyzeBoston data.
- East Boston Links Links to data, GIS, history and more.
- East Boston Master Plan An HTML conversion of the PDF from April 2000.
Posts related to East Boston
- Apr 2020 - A Year of Public Service In East Boston
- Dec 2019 - Revisiting Massport’s ESPR Meeting
- Dec 2019 - What is the Boston Urban Forestry Initiative?
- Dec 2019 - A Plan for Boston’s Urban Forest (2014)
- Nov 2019 - Boston Civic Leaders Summit
- Nov 2019 - 3247 – 2017 Logan Airport ESPR Certificatation
- Nov 2019 - Announcing: Boston ZBA Cases Archive
- Nov 2019 - Zoning Refresh Published
- Oct 2019 - Massport Defends Environmental Filing
- Oct 2019 - Fixing Boston’s Broken Development Process
- Sep 2019 - Summary of Blue Line Capital Improvements 2020-2024
- Apr 2019 - A Future (in Boston) with More Ferries
- Feb 2019 - Fred Salvucci RE Route 1A
- Jan 2019 - East Boston Internet Options
- Jul 2018 - East Boston Master Plan Webpage
- Jul 2018 - Boston Zoning Board of Appeal Decisions Archive
- Mar 2018 - East Boston Floods Again
- Jan 2018 - Boston Harbor Flooding
- Jan 2017 - Living in East Boston
- Jan 2017 - Marching in Boston
- Nov 2013 - In Boston Mayoral Race, Voter Turnout by Ward Different from Preliminary Election
- Make East Boston Yours Talk to your neighbors, beautify your block, log a 311, vote, join a civic group and contact your local Electeds.
Tips for residents to take full advantage of being a resident.
- EZ-Pass Resident Discount Get $0.20 tolls each way in the Sumner, Callahan and Ted Williams Tunnel. You have to bring the documents described in the link to the EZPass building. Don’t forget to renew every year.
- Maverick Street Gate Pass Get onto the Pike and I93 South via the Airport entrance to the Ted Williams Tunnel. Fill out the form at the link, the wait for your swipe card.
- BCYF Paris Street For $40/yr, you can access the weight room, basketball court, pool and more.
|2017 Population Estimate||46,655|
|Educational Attainment: Percent high school graduate or higher||68.60%|
|Total housing units||17,368|
|Median Household Income||52,154|
|Foreign Born Population||23,504|
|Individuals below poverty level||20.30%|
|Race: Black or African American alone||1,468|
|Race: Asian alone||1,796|
|Race: Some Other Race alone||1,916|
|Race: Two or More Races||11,563|
|Race: Hispanic or Latino (of any race)||26,787|
|Race: White alone, Not Hispanic or Latino||15,194|