Make East Boston Yours
The bar for getting involved is low and civic groups and government are often eager for feedback and help. When in doubt, submit a 311 report, to the city’s system for residents to report non-emergency issues.
Contact Your Electeds
Your elected officials are often very responsive to comments and feedback. Try to contact the office who’s oversight is closest to your issue.
- Neighborhood: Lina Tramelli <email@example.com>
- City: Lydia Edwards <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- District: Adrian Madaro <Adrian.Madaro@mahouse.gov>
- State: Joe Boncore <Joseph.Boncore@masenate.gov>
Beautify Your Block
Many neighbors are interested in beautification including East Boston Community Cleanups, CleanBoston.org and Beautify Eagle Hill — plus you can do your part too.
- Sweep in front of your home This has immediate benefits and sets a great example!
- Pick up litter when you see it
- Report litter using 311 Dial 311 or use the app or 311.boston.gov
- Support street trees Request a free street tree via 311, ask your neighbors to request their own, and help care for street trees on your block (e.g. watering young trees) Click here for more information.
- Plant something in front your home Even a small pot of flowers can make a big difference
East Boston Civic Groups
Civic groups are often a little dry, but they’re a good way to stay informed and meet people in-the-know.
- Harbor View Neighborhood Association – First Monday of every month 6:30 p.m.at the Edward Brooke Charter School, 145 Byron St.
- Jeffries Point Neighborhood Association – Second Monday of every month. 6:30 p.m. at the Jeffries Point Yacht Club, 565 Sumner St.
- Orient Heights Neighborhood Association – Third Monday of every month. 6:30 p.m. at Ashley Street YMCA, 54 Ashley St.
- Maverick Central Civic Association – Third Wednesday of every month 7 p.m. at Paris Street Community Center, 112 Paris St.
- Gove Street Citizens Association – Fourth Monday of every month 6:30 p.m. at the Noddle Island Community Room, Logan Rental Car Center
- Eagle Hill Civic Association – Last Wednesday of every month 7 p.m. EB High School, White St.
- Friends of the East Boston Greenway – Fourth Thursday of every month. 6:30 p.m. at the Anna DeFronzo Center, 395 Maverick St.
- Friends of The East Boston Library – Second Thursday of each month at the Library, 6:30 p.m. 365 Bremen Street.
- Piers PAC: Third Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. Cathy Leonard-McLean Room, 1st flr, Rental Car Center – Logan Airport