Analyze Boston SQL Client 1.0 Release
I am proud to announce the 1.0 release of the unofficial browser-based SQL Client for Analyze Boston at https://nattaylor.com/labs/analyzeboston
Version 1.0 now offers a very approachable UX. This screencast offers a walkthrough of the new features https://youtu.be/eKUrV0yQCW4
Notable New Features include:
- Help screen is now much more detailed including an overview view.
- Query Worksheet supports multiple queries and rich autocomplete including table names, column names and data types
- Query History The query history panel enables retrieving previous results
- Query Results now features filtering
- Schema Browser enables users to discover the available datasets
- Design Consistent styling and design
- Error Handling is dramatically improved with the introduction of a proxy so that all errors can be returned.
The code is messy and abuses the global namespace. There are a few places that aren’t very DRY and could be easily fixed, but fixes the remaining problems will be challenging because I haven’t adopted many common design patterns.
Even so, this was a very rewarding project to work on and I learned a ton. I will publish the code on Github soon.« The Joy of Snowflake